It’s that time of year once more when everybody is setting out New Year’s Resolutions and regrettably it won’t be long till a majority of people begin breaking them. There are numerous reasons why New Year Resolutions don’t stick- they may be unrealistic, there is an absence of self-discipline or life gets “too active”. Our New Year resolution is everything about you and what we can do to make 2014 a healthy and pain-free year for you. Our goal is not only to keep however also to improve the high standard of care you have actually experienced with us.
As part of our resolution, we are going to teach you the best ways to live a healthy, pain-free life. Your success is ours, and we are dedicated to your health and wellness.
In many cases there is more than one element adding to your discomfort, specifically if it is recurrent or has been there for a long period of time. Typically doing away with your discomfort is the simple part. Stopping it from returning is the genuine difficulty. We provide you with lasting liberty from discomfort, so your therapy program will consist of certain strategies and exercises that remedy the underlying reason for your problems, not simply provide you temporary relief.
- A fitness and sports injury assessment evaluation is the very best thing you can do to keep yourself healthy and pain-free in 2014.
- Tailored exercise programs so that you can keep working on your recuperation in between your sessions. These may include stretches, strengthening and core security, and are specifically crucial in lessening the danger of your troubles returning in the future.
- We will talk about any essential way of life factors such as desk postures and exercise activities that might need to be adjusted to assist you recuperate.
- When raising objects, make use of the correct method (as advised by your physiotherapist) so that you can secure your back.
- When exercising, monitor your technique, breathing pattern, and range of movement during each repetition.
- Keep an upright posture and practice postural awareness workouts at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Make it a practice to stretch at regular periods while at work.
Now it’s your turn to make 2014 a healthy and pain-free year!
Towards Wellness — New Year Resolutions
New Year’s resolutions are a bit like babies, they’re fun to make but extremely difficult to maintain. Why not take the opportunity to set your mind on ways to live a full life.
Here are some tips on how to develop challenging, lasting and meaningful goals for 2014.
Start by asking yourself three questions:
- What characteristics of myself do I value most?
- What are my signature strengths?
- What would make me stronger?
Making a long-term commitment, regardless of what it is, starts with a single step forward.
Stretch of the Month
- Stand on one foot on a wood block or other raised surface on the balls of that foot.
- Rest all your weight on the one foot in the stretch position (heel down)
- Keep your knee as far back and locked out as possible (you may wish to push on it with your hand or with your other leg crossed over in front).
By Ashton Lucas
CBD Physio on Google+