Do you find yourself suffering from the same aches each day you come home from work? CBD Physio have put together a few tips that will help prevent workplace injuries.
Hands and Fingers
- Stretch one arm in front of you with your palm face down. Lift your fingers up and use your other hand to pull them back gently. Hold the position for 30 seconds and allow your fingers to drop.
Use your other hand to pull your fingers under your forearm and hold for 30 seconds. Repeat on the opposite arm.
- Stretch one arm in front of you, palm facing down. Use your other hand to pull each finger back and hold for 30 seconds and allow the wrist to move back. Repeat on the opposite arm.
- Bend your elbows lifting your hands in front of you. Spread your fingers apart as far as you can and pull them back to create a stretch through the palms. Move your thumb inward to the centre of your palm and hold for a few seconds. Make tight fists with your hands and then open them and repeat 3-5 times.
- Place your hands together in a prayer position. Move your hands downwards, keeping them together. Hold the stretch for 30 seconds and repeat as needed.
Arms and Shoulder Exercises
- Sit up straight and put your hands on your hips. Squeeze your shoulder blades together, feeling the stretch in your chest. Hold for 10 seconds, relax and repeat 5-10 times.
- Stand up, put your hands behind your head. Flex your elbows back while pinching your shoulder blades together. Hold for 10 seconds, relax and repeat 5-10 times.
- Stand up, place your hands at the base of your back. Pinch your shoulder blades together. Hold for 10 seconds, relax and repeat 5 to 10 times.
Lower Back Exercises
- Move your chair so you’re not facing your desk and inhale deeply, with legs hip width apart. As you exhale, bend at your waist towards your thighs. Reach your hands towards the floor. Continue as far as you can, or until you feel a stretch through your back. Hold for 30 seconds, then slowly sit up.
- Sit in your chair with your knees bent and feet on the floor. Put your hands around your right knee and inhale deeply. Exhale and pull your knee toward your chest until you feel a stretch in your lower back. Hold for 30 seconds then repeat the movement on the other leg.
- Sit tall in your chair with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Keep your right arm at your side with your fingers pointing towards the floor. Inhale deeply and as you exhale, reach toward the ceiling with your left hand until you feel a stretch in the left side of your back. Hold for 30 seconds, then lower your left arm and repeat with your right arm.
- Sit in your chair, with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Inhale, then as you exhale, slowly twist your torso to the right and move your left hand on the outside of your right knee. Twist your torso as far as you comfortably can to the right. Hold for 10 seconds and repeat on the other side. Repeat 2 to 3 times on each side.
By Ashton Lucas
Find us on Google+