Are you trying to decide which massage is best for you?
It can be hard to differentiate between remedial and deep tissue massage at first glance. They both pay more attention to distressed muscles and they both provide a deeper and more intense massage. However, both massages are designed to meet particular needs.
• Works on specific areas of built up tension in the musculoskeletal system
• Utilises therapeutic, acupuncture and advanced massage technique
• Supports body’s own healing
Deep Tissue Massage
• Works on the deeper layers of your muscles and connective tissues
• Relieves chronic tight and painful muscles
• Helps to relieve postural problems and muscular imbalances
• Uses very firm pressure strokes
Overall, if you have a particular area that needs treating or a problem, such as tension headaches, then remedial massage is for you. Remedial massage can also help to improve mobility and relieve pain and stress. It treats the cause of pain, therefore relieving any symptoms you are experiencing. It is less invasive and less of a risk than deep tissue massage.
For more serious problems such as injury or highly tense necks, backs and shoulders then deep tissue would be the most appropriate solution. There are more technique involved, and a much firmer pressure applied. You may experience soreness for a couple of days afterwards and you may even find this massage painful if you are not used to such a firm pressure being applied to a problem area. But if you can get through it, your body will thank you for it in the long run!
Contact CBD Physiotherapy to make an appointment, or call us on (02) 9223-3122.
By Ashton Lucas
Find us on Google+