Women’s health is important, and we believe in giving our patients the best treatments available to assist in managing women’s issues. Many women experience pelvic floor issues as they age, but that is just one of a host of conditions that may benefit from physiotherapy.
A women’s health physiotherapist pays particular attention to preventing or assisting problems with the female pelvic organs – including continence and pelvic floor physiotherapy.
A women’s health physiotherapist can help you with any of the following problems:
• Bladder, bowel or pelvic floor problems including incontinence, urgency and frequency of urine or bowel; chronic constipation or difficulty emptying the bowel; painful sexual intercourse; pelvic organ prolapse; inability to perform pelvic floor exercises
• During pregnancy and after birth – pregnancy massage and pregnancy physiotherapy can help to relieve pregnancy-related pelvic girdle pain and back pain, mastitis, engorgement, blocked milk ducts; post natal pelvic pain, coccyx pain, neck pain, post natal recovery of scarring and pain from episiotomy or perineal tears
• Postnatal abdominal muscle separation
• Perimenopause or post menopause – pelvic floor muscle dysfunction, bone density, general health and fitness advice
• Gynaecological or urological surgery – pre-surgery education and strengthening programs, including back exercises, post-surgical rehabilitation, post-surgical scarring and pain
• Prevention – achieving optimal pelvic floor, bladder and bowel health, engage in safe and appropriate exercise to maintain health and protect the pelvic organs
If you’re suffering from any of the problems listed above and need advice or treatment, call us on 02 9223 3122 to make an appointment at CBD Physiotherapy today!