Pregnancy comes with various physical and chemical changes, which can vary from mother to mother. At CBD Physio we provide pregnancy physiotherapy and massages, which offer natural relief to some of the aches and pains that pregnancy can bring.
Pregnancy massage is a safe and calming technique which is tailored to address the specific needs of the mother-to-be. The reduction of stress hormones which pre-natal massage achieves helps prepare the body for a calmer delivery and also lessen the likelihood of encountering complications.
Our experienced physiotherapists offer a range of massages including deep tissue massage, remedial massage and the popular Swedish massage. The type of pregnancy massage comes down to personal preference; however, all three types of massage result in similar benefits.
The benefits of pregnancy massage include:
- Reduces stress hormones and promote the release of dopamine and serotonin
- The reduction of stress hormones will encourage better sleeping
- Removes swelling around joints and stimulates lymphatic drainage to boost circulation
- Helps to soothe the discomfort that can accompany some pregnancy lower back pain and heaviness in the pelvic bones, leg cramps, swelling of the ankles and feet and oedema (fluid retention)
- Improves nerve pain (sciatica) which is common during pregnancy and brought on by weight bearing
Is it for pregnancy physiotherapy me?
Pregnancy massage is not for everyone; we recommend that you check with your GP who will assess your background health and see if there is any chance pregnancy massage will pose a threat to you or your baby’s health.
To keep your baby safe, we recommend that pregnancy massage is undertaken only after 12 weeks, just as an extra precaution.
Contact us and speak to one of our experienced team to book a pregnancy physiotherapy session today!
To make an appointment call 02 9223 3122 or come past our clinic in the heart of the Sydney CBD.